Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Strange and Perverse Pleasure...


No! Not that. It is the feeling of flushing a bunch of bugs to a watery grave as they innocently sit in the sink at camp. I don't know why I like it, but I do! I should be all about "live and let live" but banishing all those bugs to the septic tank is kind of uplifting.

Yes, I am at camp and it actually has been pretty good. Although it has been hot, there has been a breeze (actually a wind) off the lake that has kept things cool. Last night a storm blew through and knocked trees over and blew screens off the house. I was sleeping in a tent, but all my stuff got damp from the aerosol water in the high winds. So I slept (?) in the house until about 1:30 am when I went down stairs and slept on a couch to escape the snoring. I think I may have been better off chancing the elements!;-)

Haven't really though too much about the resignation letter going out on Monday. If I do it tends to bog me down so I have tried to just shove it to the back of my mind.

Today we are going climbing dunes and doing high-ropes. It should be fun!

This post is brought to you by the letter "Q" and the number 9 from the porch of the camp office, just off Lake Michigan.

Hope you are all having a great day!

No comments: