Sunday, July 09, 2006

Going Home

Sometimes I get frustrated at the kids of today. Maybe I have forgotten what it is like to be a teen, but I don't think I have ever been so callous as to think that I don't have to try to help the poor. It makes me sad.

Have we created a generation that feels so entitled that they don't have to even try to make the life of others any better? Is the thinking, "As long as I am comfortable, who cares about what anyone else" going to be the mantra of our teens? Maybe it is just the kids that I have encountered.

I am definitely not sad to see this Gathering end. It has been a pain from the get go. I know God has moved in me and I hope God has planted seeds in the kids, but the whole thing could have ended about 4 days ago.

Actually, it could have ended a day sooner and I don't think anything would have been lost.

It will be good to be home. I am a bit leery of the flight but that is just me.

Hug someone you care for and help someone you see in need.

No comments: