Monday, July 31, 2006

"Out in the Son"


I though this would be a great rallying cry for all of us LGBT Christians in the world. I have had people ask me how it is possible to be gay and Christian. I don't see that as a problem. Just like the other things about me, I hope to be able to us my sexuality as a way of glorifying God and a way of leading people to Christ. I find it sad that people in the LGBT population feel that "Christian" is equated with "Hateful Bigot." I see me being out to the people of the world and also being a Christian as a great way to help people to learn about Christ's loving ways. So "Out in the Son" just seemed like a natural.

I think some Christians are so closed to LGBT folks because they never take the time to get to know them. They stand around and tell them that they are damned to hell, but never take the time to understand the hell that is here on earth for us. They never have to worry about losing their jobs because of their sexuality. They never have to send out over three hundrend letters informing people about their sexuality. They never know what it means to have to leave a job just because of someone you love. The "god" some Christians present is so small and hateful. The God I know is so large and loving. We need to help the world to see.

No comments: