Saturday, July 22, 2006

Home for a while



Well, I have time to finally write.

Camp was going ok. We went to the dunes and had a good time. We went to the local lighthouse. Things were going well. Then I woke up on Thursday morning with a raging backache. I could hardly move. I went to the local Y to soak in the hottub and then went to a friends house to float in the pool. That helped, but as soon as I got out of the pool, I was in pain again.

I then went to a kinesiologist who seemed to help somewhat but I also took some mega pain killers which helped too.

The next morning, I thought I was going to die. So I drove two pain-filled hours to go to my chiropractor. It helped!

Later that day, Nick came over and we ate dinner and watched TV. I was in too much pain for much else.

This morning, I was feeling better, so Nick and I went to the Ann Arbor Art Fair. I know, I probably shouldn't have gone, I should have rested. But the fair was great. There was a lot of art to look at but not much eye candy. As Nick said, an art fair in Ann Arbor should have brought out all the gay couples from a three state region!

Now I am in pain. I am hoping to be good enough to make it through church tomorrow. I don't have to do much except lead and do a children's sermon.

Tomorrow will also be the last "Normal Sunday" since the resignation letter was dropped in the mail box today. It should be hitting peoples' mail boxes on Monday. I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. One thing I am hoping is that the responses I have been getting have been good. I pray that continues.

Hope you are having a great day!

No comments: