Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I made it!



Well, I am down in San Antonio. Haven't really seen much of the place since we got here at about 11:00 pm last night.

We are staying at this great little boutique hotel. Kind of Art Deco Hollywood Glam kind of place. I certainly couldn't afford it if I were to pay for it.

Today the whole festivities start but before the whole thing kicks off, we are going to Schlitterbahn. I am looking forward to it but I hope no one (including me!) gets sunburned.

The flight in was great. It was cool being able to watch fireworks from almost hundreds of communities at once. When I looked down from the plane, you could see bright flashes of light across the ground. In some of the bigger cities, there would be some really big fireworks. In the big cities, the pattern of the fireworks was even discernible from the air.

I think flying is just a "magical" thing. Not so much magical in the Disney sense of things but in the "this really shouldn't be happening" sense. We really shouldn't be a couple of miles above the ground. But it is so cool to be looking out over the land and the clouds.

I know that the lack of control is one of the things that bothers me when I am flying. I have to trust in the pilot. And when the brakes go out in the car, you can try to save yourself, if the brakes go out in the plane, well...

But enough thinking about that. I am here and it is going to be a good day!

Peace

No comments: