Monday, July 31, 2006

Anniversary


Today is the sixth anniversary of my ordination. It is kind of interesting that at this point in my ministry, I am leaving the ELCA. I remember the excitement that went into that day. I remember the ideals that I had. I don't think the ideals are gone. I do think the ideals may have morphed, though. I realize that not eveyone will love me and that I will not have people sitting at my feet totally enthralled by my great theological insights. But I do hope to challenge people to move beyond where they are now. To leave people where they are, they become complacent. But if you push people too hard, they become defensive and cold. I guess I am just moving on to a new place in ministry. I never thought six years ago that I would be in this place now, but can we ever predict where our lives will be?

No comments: