Saturday, July 29, 2006

I am such a dork!


I was feeling kind of bummed when I got the letter from the IRS yesterday. So I gave Nick a call and he agreed to meet me about half-way for dinner. We had met at the Big Boy before so Nick chose the restaurant, knowing I was not in a mood to make a choice.

While traveling there, I saw a billboard for the Ionia Free Fair, THE LARGEST FREE FAIR IN THE WORLD!
We had a great time. I love whole "fair" thing. It was fun being yelled at by carneys, checking out the exhibits (and the exhibitors!), and even going to the freak show! Nick didn't seem as into the freak show as I was. I loved the whole theatre of the thing! It was great.

Well, it was getting late and I had a long drive ahead of me to get back home so I could be up for the men's Bible study this morning. So I dropped Nick off at his car and headed home myself. I got home and went to bed.

My alarm went off at 6:30 am and I roused myself out of bed. Went to the church and got ready for the Bible study. And waited. And waited. No one was showing. I panicked a little, maybe people were not coming because of the letter. But then it dawned on me: the Bible study is on the first and third Saturdays of the month. THIS WAS THE FIFTH SATURDAY OF THE MONTH! I didn't need to be rushing all around. I could have tucked Nick in last night! What a dork!

Oh well, I will be finding a cool place to work on paperwork today.

Hope your day is less dorkey!

No comments: