Thursday, May 26, 2011

30+ Day Challenge

Day 18: Something you’ve learned.


I have learned that if one is in the position of leadership, one must lead.  I think I would kind of lag back in the hope that someone else would jump in and take the reigns.  But being a clergy, we are the ones who are supposed to be casting the vision and leading.  When we don't lead, then the system gets bogged down trying to figure out who is at the helm.


I had a professor in seminary who would say, "Often wrong but never in doubt."  I think that is important to remember as a leader.  If you are in doubt, then the whole system gets bogged.  But if the leader makes a choice, even if it is wrong, the system can move and can make course corrections.  The PERFECT answer may never appear, but if you don't move, you will may never even get close.

No comments: