Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Ur-Spo, your meme is everywhere!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Mostly gift bags, I am not so hot at wrapping.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial, because because we are not supposed to have real trees in the apartments. I do like real trees, though.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Sometime after Thanksgiving. It usually takes a few days. (My fingers were not placed correctly and I almost typed "gays," but that would be correct too!)
4. When do you take the tree down?
Traditionally on my brother's birthday, Jan. 6.
5. Do you like eggnog?
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Toss up between a bike when I was about 12 and a stuffed clown when I was 4 or 5.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
As I often make the gifts I give, I don't end up buying much. But I would have to say my Godson. He really doesn't find anything interesting.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
My Dad, he loves the Cubs.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Do I have A nativity scene? No, I have about 10. I have one I made. I have a Beartivity. I have a Cowboy Nativity. I have an Native American Nativity. I have Fontinini Nativity Musicbox. Also a Fontinini Snowglobe.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Email. I have bought cards in the past, but they never seem to make it into the mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Two years running from the SIL: First year was a reed diffuser. Last year was a hot chocolate maker and slipper socks. I promptly gave them away.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Does Santa Clause Conquers The Martians count? (I actually own a DVD copy of it! I got it at Target in an after-Christmas sale. After the 75% discount, it cost only a quarter!) Probably A Christmas Story, followed very closely by Scrooged.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
This year, I actually bought some Christmas presents in June. I have started making gifts in November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No. Some have been given away, though. (See #11, above.)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Nick. Oh! You mean as in food! I love Peppermint Nougats.
16. Lights on the tree?
Both multi and white. The white go on the very inside of the tree to give the tree a deep glow.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Just one? Ok, that would have to be Stille Nacht by Mannheim Steamroller. This is followed very closely by God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen (The rock version), Up Above The Northern Lights, and Memories of Christmas, all by Mannheim Steamroller. I also have become quite fond of White Is In The Winter Night by Enya. Heck, on my computer alone I have over 650 Christmas songs! (And not one is Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, But Jingle Cats comes close for sheer tackiness!)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Travel to celebrate with Nick's extended family.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s?
Of Course! How dare you even ask!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Yep. Always have been an angel. Well, there was two years where a Snowman adorned the top, but mostly an angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Eve, along with the DVD of the fireplace and some wine and shrimp.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Secret Gift Exchanges.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Multi...The tackier the better! Grizwalds Forever!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Really don't have one.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A full time church job for Nick and myself. Something that is not mind-numbing and intellectually insulting
26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
I don't know.
27. Will you bake any cookies?
Probably not. I would probably eat the dough before they got baked anyway.