Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy Twelfth Night


Happy Twelfth Night!

No real traditions on this side of the monitor. I tried to start a tradition at my first church of getting together and singing Christmas carols and burning Christmas trees. Kind of a "So long" to Christmas. But personally, no traditions. My brother's birthday is tomorrow and when I was a kid, this would mark the date we would take down the Christmas tree.

Well, the Christmas tree is already down. Much of the decoration is put away. But take a moment to celebrate the last day of Christmas, maybe even sing We Three Kings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the words (interpretation) of We Three Kings, but I do not care for the music much. I think that is because too many people think they have to play it as if they are seeing camels and belly dancers on the horizon. There are a couple of good covers though. BTW, it was written by an Episcoplaian rector who served one of the Episcopalian congregations in my home town (but I don't think he wrote it while he was there).

May a multitude of camels cover you! ;)