Saturday, January 24, 2009

\'Aut\ and About

Nick and I went to the Plymouth Ice Sculpture Festival today. It was my idea and I guess it was kind of a mixed bag. Yes there were some nice ice sculptures, but the crowds were horrible! The people trying to move on the sidewalks was impossible. And what is it with people bringing their dogs to things like this? Dogs just add to the congestion.

Above was a wonderful sculpture of a mermaid in the waves. Click on the picture to enlarge it.

After we escaped from the crowds, we walked around Plymouth. We found this cool art gallery and went inside. The most interesting piece was a life-sized sculpture of the photo below.


Afterward, we went to the \'Aut\ Bar for dinner. It is a nice place and there is something about being in a place where being gay is okay.

Then we headed home so I could finish my sermon and work on my report for the Annual Meeting at church.

Hope everyone had a great day!

No comments: