Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Tribe

I have been thinking about my last post and why it has brought me down almost all day: I think it has something to do with being isolated. Usually, I can go along doing what I am doing but when I run into someone from my "past life" it reminds me how alone I am in this life. Now this is not to say that Nick has abandoned me, not by a long shot. But still, I don't feel like I am part of the Episcopal tribe. Maybe I am not allowing myself to be part of this new tribe. I don't know. I just don't feel like I fit in.

I wish I could be part, but I always feel like I am an outsider. It is like I am trying to find where I fit in this group.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feeling like an outsider (to any tribe) is never a pleasant feeling.

Vic Mansfield said...

Dear one, we can be a hard tribe to join. Very clique-ish and such. I'd imagine the Lutherans can be that way too, sometimes (andy church can), but that was your familiar territory.

I know it must be difficult, but I, for one, am glad to have you in ECUSA.

Hang in with us.
Shalom & Cheers, "Joe"

Vic Mansfield said...

Email me. We can talk. I know a lot about Episcopalians! A whole lot.

cheers, "Joe"
beartoast@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I never feel like I fit into any group either, and because we share that, I supposed I feel a little like I belong. Ironic, isn't it?

Ur-spo said...

ongoing human dilemma - how to be part of a tribe (or many) and yet still be your Self.
good luck; i don't have an easy answer - other than don't let internalized homophobia keep telling you that you will "never fit in"

and keep in mind few people feel they fit in.