Thursday, July 05, 2007

Rewind One Year


I love this picture, we all look so happy!
I was just remembering that a year ago, I was living through what could be described as one of the worst weeks of my life. And now, a year later, it still kind of hurts.


Nick and I were talking and it is true that this whole trip was pretty much a set up for me to fail. I think about how I travel. I went to Spokane, WA with my car, my tent, my sleeping bag, clothes, and a general direction. I figured I would stay at Devil's Tower and maybe Bozeman on the way there. Otherwise, I had no plans. That is the way I travel. I do not plan trips for nine people! But I was placed in a situation where I was responsible for big plans, even though I told them that planning is not something I am good at.


I guess what I really feel sorry about is that the kids had to feel the tension between the other adult leader and I. Just for those of you who may consider it: don't take a youth group across the country when the other adult thinks you are a screw-up. Believe me, it doesn't work.


I am also sad because it could have been a lot of fun. Even the screw-ups can be fun if you let them. But when you have someone who is uptight and has boundry issues, well...


Oh well, enough for now. I think the neighbors have finally run out of fire works. Macy's claims to have had the biggest fireworks display, but my neighbors were shooting off fireworks for over an hour and a half last night (read: Until 1 am).

No comments: