Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Homophobia is Alive and, well...

Well, we are back to where we were in mid May.  Only now, we have gone through all of our savings.

The church that I was waiting for decided that they didn't want me.  Oh, they thought I was a nice guy.  They liked my energy and enthusiasm, they like my sermons...  So what is the problem??

"We want someone with a family."  What do you mean by that?  "We want someone who like kids."  What do you mean by that?  "People with children will not want to bring them here."  A-HA!

Now, the fact that I am gay was never hidden from these people.  In fact, even before I was even considered here, the board was informed that I was gay.  They said that it would not be a problem.  Well, obviously it was.  And now, since people were not honest enough to admit their bigotry, we are in the same desperate situation we were in in May; except this time, we do not have the back-up savings to rely on.

I am angry, I am hurt.  I feel betrayed.  I want to hurt them.  I know I should forgive them, and I know that I will not seek any retaliation, but I am still pissed.

Faith says something will come of this; logic says it is all fucked.

No comments: