Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Cynic is Here!

I am feeling cynical today.  So if you don't want to hear it, then move on to another blog.  Sorry, that is just the way it is.

I so want to be a humanist.  I want to believe that we all can just be good people.  The problem is:  Just wanting that does not make it happen.  I can want people to just act like adults, but that does not stop people from acting like children.  And it seems that the children dressed as adults are so much more prevalent in the world.  Not saying that I am the paragon of maturity, but sometimes I feel downright Sagacious.

I hate watching the news anymore.  "I want my country back!"  No, you want a country that is nothing like what was planned.  You want a country where self-serving priests send down edicts from on high and no one is ever supposed to question them.  You want a country where the rights only belong to the majority and that majority will slowly (or not so slowly) get torn down to the point where only the elite have anything that might resemble rights.

Gay marriage will destroy marriage?  The Hets' are doing a pretty good job of destroying it themselves.  We don't have to do too much more, if anything.

People, pay attention to your own life and when you get that figured out, then you can stick your nose into everyone else's business.  The word for today is boundaries, let's practice the word. 

And, of course, this all comes back to, "You are just no good, Ben.  How dare you think you could ever lead these people!"  I think I have the potential to be a good leader, I just don't think I have the fortitude to do it.

We need to raise money.  Where are we going to get it?  We need to increase attendance, where are the people going to come from?  We need to reach out into the community but no one sees it as their responsibility.  We have become content to be our own little social club.  And I am sure this is not a unique situation here.

I feel like humanity is a failed experiment rushing toward explosion.  Maybe extinction would be a blessing.

4 comments:

Cubby said...

Sometimes I fantasize about whole wonderful the Earth would be if there were no humans. It would be a paradise. Too bad we had to show up and ruin it all.

Vic Mansfield said...

I SO know how you feel! Makes me want to run away sometimes. But where would I go?

Lemuel said...

When I was in high school, we had to read Moliere's The Misanthrope (in English). I had not been familiar with the word/term. The term (not the play) pretty much sums up my attitude much of the time.

Ur-spo said...

Unfortunately, no matter how cynical you are, it is never enough to keep up.