Monday, October 16, 2006

"Thank you for calling..."

Well, I officially "go live" today. Done is the "training" (I use the quotes because I really didn't feel like I got a whole lot of training) and now we are really answering questions. I also have an additional assignment of contacting people who have had a patch put on their computer. I have to remove the new patch and put the old patch back on.

I am really kind of nervous about all of this. I wish I could feel more comfortable. I know that once I get in the flow of things, I will be ok. I am a fairly bright guy and I am sure I will pick up on things once I can get them into context. Oh well, que sera, que sera.

After work I have to quickly drive across town to rehersal. I work from 10 am to 6:30 pm and then have rehersal from 7 until 9. It makes for a long day, but I have done long days before.

Nick has been great, putting up with my mood swings as I deal with my perfectionism and fear of failing. He is great to put up with me. Now we just need to find him a job here so we can quit playing this "house tag." I am almost to the point where I can drive from my house to his and back, and many permutations of the trip, in my sleep.

One of my kids is getting more comfortable with Nick and Amber. Madeline will come into the room and will actually come up to me even with Nick and Amber sitting on the futon. Claudia is a different story. I haven't seen here in a couple of days. Hopefully she will come around too.

2 comments:

Lemuel said...

Good luck going live! You'll do fine!

The kids will come around. They will sense the love.

Doug Taron said...

Good luck. I've done the "blended family" thing, too. When my partner moved in his cat really disliked my two. She was always a bit of a diva. Initially she hated me, even my partner had me long before she entered the picture. I still remember her hissing at me from clear across the room when I'd walk in. She eventually warmed up to me, and the cats all eventually worked it out- though they never became friends.