Sunday, September 20, 2009

Home Again


Well, Nick and I are home from vacation.

I guess it was a good thing, the problem is, you can never have a vacation without having to to return from the vacation. (ok, if you DIE on vacation, then you don't have to return, but we won't go there.) So now I am in the process of returning from vacation.

I have to work tomorrow. Well, at least we have new people working and my shifts have been reduced. This is good in that I will have time to get church things done.

But vacation was a good thing. It was time to get away from work and the problems of the day. We visited with my parents and family and also traveled to visit the "roadways of my youth" and some friends.

We visited some long-time friends of Nick on the way there. We had a nice chat and some good food! Unfortunately, the air mattress decided to give up the ghost in the middle of the night and the dog had killer breath.

We finally made it to my parents house and were treated to home made beef stroganoff. I love the stuff! And so stuff is what I did. Yum!!


The next day we went to the Amana Colonies. On the way there we found this road. Yes, it is a real road. I want to live on it!! It really wasn't that hilly, but the name was great. On the way home, we found the most BORING gay bar in existence. Club Basix is interesting in that it was a McDonalds, but we don't need to be paying for beers to be ignored by the Bartender. (He was not cute either!) He gave us our beers and proceeded to turn his back on us and watch the tennis match. No tip for that twink!

More later!!

1 comment:

Lemuel said...

Waaay back in the 70's we visited the Amanas. We enjoyed it very much. It reminded us of "home".
We also had many roads that we called "roller coaster" roads, but I never suspected that someone named a road that.
May your return to work be a smooth transition!