Thursday, June 18, 2009

Oh, So Sorry You Had To Wait!

I heard something yesterday morning on the radio that got me angry: One of the reasons that was given for opposing universal health care was that it might cause long waits for service.

This has got to be one of the most elitist reasons I have ever heard! How sad, you might have to wait! But if you have to wait, I may actually get health care! I know I should have things like cholesterol tests and other tests, but I can't afford them. Even waiting in line I can't afford them. So just because you don't want to wait means that I may have to die. (Not trying to be a drama queen, but the truth. My father had his first heart attack at 43.) Because some have good insurance and can afford to get access to the medical industry, others have to go without health care and then show up at the emergency room when the condition reaches a crisis.

1 comment:

Lemuel said...

And the ones controlling (read: blocking) the access to decent health care for most of us are also the ones with the best g.d. health care in the country - for which they do not pay a dime because the rest of us (who don't have it) are paying for theirs!!