Thursday, May 14, 2009

Updates



Hello all, sometimes I feel like the old Hee Haw song; "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all..."

The radiator is fixed, and that is a good thing. It only cost me $85 and that is also a good thing. Someone from my congregation does handyman work and was able to fix it.

I still need to figure out some way of doing the work that is before me while also taking care of myself. If I don't get enough sleep, decompression time, etc, I get just, as Nick would say, "Whackadoodle." Obviously, being whackadoodle is not a good thing. I need to get through to the lead barrista that I DO NOT need to be working 40 hours per week.

The new location is going ok. Most of the people I work with are nice. One, the "learning coach" (and I use quotes because the girl has not demonstrated any competency in her job) treats me as if any interaction with me is just annoying. I will make a comment and she will just give me a dismissive "ok" and then turn away from me. Thankfully, I don't have to work with her often.

I will be moving my glass stuff to the basement and that will be a nice thing. I appreciate having the place to work on it, but having to drive at least 10 miles to get there waw getting old. Having the stuff in the basement will be nice.

The "Whackadoodle Factor" has been kind of difficult here. I have been feeling totally flawed and unworthy of consuming the earth's resources. I have not been wanting to die, but not wanting to live either. It feels totally confining, caged, and futile.

No comments: