Monday, October 16, 2006

"Thank you for calling..." Part Deux

Ok, I made it through my first day ... sort of. I actually took three calls and didn't do too bad. Granted, they were fairly simpl things like resetting passwords, but I did do it! Then, for some weird reason, they sent everyone home; in effect closing the helpdesk. I was getting kind of charged to take more calls and then "poof" we are sent home. I don't get it.

Oh well, tomorrow is the big day, the new build is going out over the whole system and we are expecting a large quantity of calls as people become acquainted with the new system.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

good luck!
hopefully they won't turn it up like Lucy/Ethel in the chocolate factory....

Lemuel said...

Why would they shut down the Help desk altogether?

Your problem was you were too helpful. If you are going to work "help desk", you have go to stop doing that! It's against policy!

***grin***