Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My, they are efficient...


I checked the ELCA site to see if I was still there. Well, after only a week, I am no longer listed. Oh well, life continues, I guess...

I was with the senior pastor yesterday, we had some financial things to take care of. Primarily, I had to take my name off the checking accounts.

I don't know if I did this to "just let him know" or if I was being passive-aggressive, but I told him about Pr. Schmeling and how his congregation stood behind him to fight to keep him in the pulpit. I think I was being passive-aggressive, in retrospect. I guess I am still a little (little?) bitter.

I then also told him that he may want to know that I am not the only person in the congregation who is dealing with this. I did not give him names or numbers, but I did tell him that since the letter has come out, I have had people tell me about their homosexuality and some of them are married. I told him this so he knew that people will be watching how he handles this. My leaving does not make the problem go away, but has implications to those who are currently in the congregation.

No comments: