Thursday, August 17, 2006

I have not become Steve Murphy

At my former call, (well, I guess now it would be former, former call) I would tell people that if I disappeared and they got a message from "Steve Murphy," that would be me. Well, although I have disappeared for a while, I have not gone "Steve Murphy."

I have been spending time with Nick the past few days and trying to come to grips/forget the past few weeks. It was great to be away and not have anything pressing. I will refer you to Nick's blog because he does a better job of describing our time. It was enjoyable to just spend some time together and not have to worry about the day-to-day things of life.

Last Sunday was my final Sunday in my congregation. In many ways, I think I am still in denial about what is going on. I still don't think it has sunk in that I am unemployed. There were times over the past few days where it would come slamming into me and emotionally knock me over. Nick was great about just holding my hand and telling me that it was not that bad. Yes, things were going to change, but God was still involved in this whole process.

No comments: