Sunday, April 05, 2009

Palm Sunday

Well, now starts Holy Week, the most deadly week for clergy. What is sad is I am going into the week feeling tired. Then add the increased hours at work due to losing coworkers. And trying to get the transfer in place so I don't have to do a ton of driving to get to work. But enough of that.

Today's church service went well. I thought the sermon was ok, but the congregation seemed to really get into it. I had people coming up and thanking me for it. Looking at peoples' faces while I was preaching, I would have thought I was going to get lynched; but I guess it was good.

Moving is happening. Nick and I have been moving things into my office at church, but my office is not very big. I was feeling "boxed in" (yes, that was a pun!) today before service. But at least we are getting the stuff out of the apartment.

We probably won't be doing much moving today. It is supposed to start raining and then snowing. SNOWING??? And not just a little snow: Somewhere between 6 and 10 inches! Oh well, it won't last. Just Winter having one last hurrah.

Well, that is all for today. Have a great Holy Week!

No comments: