Thursday, April 09, 2009

Maundy Thursday


I so love my job! I was told that I would be transferring to a new store on Monday. I called the new store to find out about schedules and when I should appear for my first day.

I have just received a call from the new store telling me that they didn't know that I was coming that way. I am not on the schedule. I am not approved to move.

SO

I have no idea what I am going to be doing next Monday. I have tomorrow through Sunday off. Then, who knows??????????

I got off work early today because I still am coughing an hacking. My nose is red and sore and I think I am dehydrating through my nose.

I just love our medical system here in the US. I have no sick days, I have no medical insurance. If I was sick for more than three days, I would have to produce a dr's note. (Dear Mr. Kotter, Please excuse Benton from work today because he is spewing mucus from almost all orifices. Benton's Mother Doctor) Now, to produce this note, I would have to go to the MD (did I tell you that I do not have insurance and would have to fork over $75 for an appt?)to get a note. And because I do not get sick days, I would be out the pay for those days. This whole thing would cost over $200. And this is just for a cold.

Oh, did I forget to mention the verbal "counseling" for not coming to work so I would not spew mucus into everyone's coffee?

Then, last night, Nick woke up at 2 am with burning, itchy, painful skin. We are finding that benedryl is working, but benedryl, and a whole four hours of sleep is not conducive to driving.

So, now I am going to go to Lansing to pick him up and drive him to his church service in Flint. Then tomorrow, we will drive to Lansing so I can get my car and do Good Friday service.

Then comes Easter!

And Monday?? Who knows!

No comments: