Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Nick's Return: The Follow-Up

Before


After



Well, the surprises for Nick kind of backfired.

As you can see, one of the surprises was to dye the dog blue. To get this much was a pain and I really didn't want to spend a whole lot of money to do it. So she had a blue head and a blue back. Unfortunately, when Nick came home, he thought she had gotten into some toilet cleaner or something and I got a panicked text message to call him! I reassured him that the blue was only sidewalk chalk and that the dog was ok.

Then there was the fake PA. I bought some clip-on ring earrings for the purpose. (Nick keeps threatening that if I come home with a PA, he will disown me!) So, I put the earring on/in and head home. When the time comes for the great unveiling, THE RING FELL OUT! So there was just the unadorned me. All that planning (and a bit of pain) for nothing. Bummer.

So, I guess both surprises were a bust. Oh well.

3 comments:

Lemuel said...

Next time, just wrap yourself nude in Saran Wrap and meet Nick at the door. ;)

Ur-spo said...

all my great plans for surprises seem to fall apart, so I can empathize.

Old Pastor said...

The thoughts were great -- it was the unveilings that had some problems. I love you for the effort.