Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Then and Now

Dr. Spo had this posted.  Thought it was interesting.





Then ~ October 1989
1. Age: 25.
2. Romantic Status: Alone.
3. Occupation: Grad Student

4. Fun night out: Going to the bar in the Holiday Inn and playing funny money poker.

5. My BFFs: Doug and Collen
6. I spent way too much time: playing with the computer.

7. I spent not enough time: Being true to myself.

8. I wanted to be when I grew up: An experimental psychologist.

9. Biggest concern: Getting assignments done
10. What my biggest concern should have been:  Getting assignments done. 

11. Where did I live: Cedar Falls, IA

12. Dumbest thing I did that year: I really don't know.

13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: Get over yourself.  Come out.  Get into therapy.  Deal with life!


Now ~ October 2009
1. Age: 45.
2. Romantic Status: partnered for 4 years.

3. Occupation: Priest/Barista
4. Fun night out: Burgers and Beers

5. My BFFs: Nick!  Doug and Colleen, Anna, Dennis, Beth

6. I spend way too much time: Playing on Facebook

7. I spend not enough time: Trying to find a better work situation.

8. I want to be when I grow up: Happy and working in a fulfilling area.

9. Biggest concern: being trapped.

10. What my biggest concern should be: Doing what I am called to do and leaving the world to tend to itself.

11. Where do I live: Lansing, MI

12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: Signed up for overdraft protection.

13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years:  Your job is not to save the world.


Summary
1. What do I miss most from 1989: That feeling of sheer potential

2. What do I miss least from 1989: Feeling like I am being a fake to myself and the world.

3. What have I accomplished in 20 years that I am most proud of: My relationship with Nick.

4. What have I NOT accomplished in 20 years that I wish I had: (I will steal Spo's answer) Feeling secure.

1 comment:

Urspo said...

perhaps feeling secure is something neither of us should strive for. Perhaps we both get Divine intervention (blockades) towards security so we don't loose track that God has things under control.