Sunday, May 04, 2008

Humm, The Scenery Has Changed


I got a kind of bizarre e-mail last night. It came from the Canon for Deployment. (For those of you who don't know the lingo, that is the person in the Bishop's office who makes money occupying a desk helps pair clergy with empty pulpits.) It was a letter to the senior warden of a local church and mentioned me as a possible Clergy in Residence.

What made this so bizarre is that this is the first I have ever heard about it. It is the first the rector I am working with has ever heard of it. We were completely blindsided.

I am happy that things seem to be happening. I am happy the Bishop's office is thinking of me when things come up. I just wish I would have had more notice that this was happening.

Of course, this is not the first time this has happened. They seem to like doing things without the knowledge of the folks involved. But at least something is happening and hopefully this may lead to some more experience and a possible call. Not at the church I would be working at, but something.

2 comments:

Lemuel said...

The expression that comes to mind is "don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

Good luck, I hope good things happen for you from this.

Doug Taron said...

Good luck. I know that you have been waiting for something for a long time now.