Monday, November 27, 2006

The weekend

The past weekend was pretty good. I met "The In-Laws" and it went well. Actually, Nick's family is less screwed-up than mine so it was nice to be able to kick back and not have to worry about the "family games."

Nick's mom is great (I guess she would have to be to produce such a great guy!) and I enjoyed talking with her. She even invited me to come for Christmas.

Nick and I hit the orgy of consumerism that is the Friday after Thanksgiving and Nick found a great coat at a great deal. 60% is pretty good in my book! I didn't find much, but actually I am hoping to make a bunch of gifts this year. (Bunch? Well, I am going to try to make some for co-workers so I guess that is a bunch. I am making a window for my parents but they won't be getting it until I return to the homelands.) The model for Abercrombie & Fitch wasn't around this year, darn...

Nick and I then went to Saugatuck/Douglas on Saturday. It is Michigan's answer to P-Town. It was nice to be someplace where being gay was not a big deal. A lot of the stuff I couldn't afford, but looking is still free. There was some nice eye-candy and some very frightening heterosexuals!

The choir at church is going to sing next week whether we like it or not. I think it will be good. Nothing splashy, just people sharing their gifts. That is what Advent is about, isn't it?

Nick and I came back to my place last night (Sunday) and started to decorate the house. I was thinking that this may be the last Christmas in this house. I hope not because I love my house. But what happens is in many ways beyond my control.

I did get a letter from the Episcopals telling me all the information is in. I emailed them asking what I need to do next and if there was a time frame? My mortgage company would like to know.

I had to come in an hour early for work because we were expecting a big influx of calls, but it never happened. So I get an extra hour, that will be good.

I guess that is it for now. Hope all the US folks had a good Thanksgiving and I hope everyone had a great weekend.

3 comments:

Lemuel said...

It sounds as if all-in-all it was a good weekend for you and Nick. So glad.

Advent is the beginning of something new and of hope.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you could have a enjoyable and yet simple weekend. And how heartening to hear of a place where you can shop with Nick and no one thinks twice of it.

Ur-spo said...

scope out the inlaws, as one's S.O. is apt to turn out like the MIL....