Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Just a cog in the unfair wheel

Ok, I don’t get companies. Maybe if I worked there I would be as jaded too. But why do they have to treat their people like criminals?

I called my mortgage company to discuss plans to get past this “bump” in my life. I get a person on the phone who takes a condescending tone in her voice and tells me that at my current income there is no way I will ever be able to pay it back. I asked her to please not get snippy with me and she says that is the way she talks to all of her customers.

I had a letter from the company saying they have done their part in lending me the money, now it is time for me to keep my end of the deal and pay them back. WITH WHAT? Again, it is not like I am sitting on a pot of gold and am just spending all the mortgage money on “Champagne Dreams and Caviar Wishes.” I know this will be temporary but they really don’t want to talk to me or work with me.

It would be easy again to fall back into the pity pit of “If I had only stayed in the closet.” It is also hard to not get angry because if I were a heterosexual, this would probably not be happening. The unfairness about this whole thing just gets to me.

4 comments:

Old Pastor said...

There is almost no such thing as customer service anymore. It's becoming an oxymoron like "fast food" or "common courtesy", not to mention "common sense." Hang in there

Lemuel said...

When we've got a federal government who says that there are no more "hungry people", just people with "low level food security" can we expect anything else than the crappy treatment that you got?!

Was this dame the head of the company? Is it a larger company? Maybe if so you could try going up the food chain of supervisors. Another approach is to threaten to "advertise" among your friends and colleagues how this company treats people so that people will no longer use them.

Ur-spo said...

it is unfair
it is so frustrating
alas, you are getting 'the usual' from a mortgage company; they don't care because they don't have to.

Scott E D said...

I really hope you are going to write a letter of at least speak to her supervisor.

And you should have explained to here that you are calling to make sure they do get there money back.

The reason there is crappy customer service is because clients put up with it.