Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Me and the World


I often get frustrated.

It has taken me so long and so much work to come to grips with what it means to be a gay man. I have gone from hating myself to, if not quite loving myself, at least thinking I am pretty ok. I have discovered things about myself that are actually pretty cool and that have been hidden for so long.

I have moved from being almost constantly suicidal to occasionally thinking that ending "it" would just be easier. And if you have ever been suicidal, you know that this is a HUGE change.

But then there is a section of the population who insist on telling me that I am a pervert. There is a section of the population who insist on telling me that I am an abomination. There are people who feel so superior because they are not evil like that fag.

This may just be my own embedded homophobia. If so, it is still a representation of society; I didn't develop this homophobia in a vacuum.

People who think homosexuality is bad; just entertain the thought: What if homosexuality were not an abomination? Would it be that bad?

No comments: