Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Moving into the Real World

I am becoming more and more convinced that I need to be looking in a different direction.  I really don't feel like the church has a place for me; at least not me with Nik.  Unless I can find an exceedingly liberal congregation, I think I am going to be constantly set up just to get struck down because "others will be uncomfortable."

As I said before, this leaves me in a bit of a predicament:  I haven't used my psych background in almost 14 years.  I have experience but most people are not comfortable attributing clergy with all that we do.  It seems that most people want to keep their Fr. Dowling assumptions about clergy.

What I am afraid is that I will have to go back to school.  I am STILL paying off grad school.  I actually think with the forbearances I have had that I owe more now then I originally borrowed.  But to get anywhere near employable, I am going to need to spiff up my skills.

I hope to find some grants that may help me.  I would like to learn some stuff about computing/graphics.  I have always been intrigued by electronics.  I also would like to learn more about the nexus of art and computing.  It could be cool.

At least I have been able to work on stained glass.

No comments: