Monday, August 25, 2008

Day of Frustrations


Oy Vey!

I felt like such a Drama Queen today! I really hate the way my job makes me. I hate the level of frustration that just seems to be part and parcel of my job as of late.

Today was no exception to the rule. I was told last Friday that I would be working Tues, Wed, Fri, and Sat of this week. This was nice since Nick had Monday off and I would too. And I didn't have to be back to work until 2 pm on Tues. Then I got a call saying I was already scheduled for the deli on Monday at 1pm. This was upsetting in that we would not have the time together, but I could deal with it. So I got to work today and no one knew what was happening. I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing in the deli and I was only going to be there for three days. But the team lead wanted to teach me how to work in the deli. WHY? I was going to be leaving soon.

Then I found out that no one had any idea about my going to the other Starbucks. So that whole thing is again on hold. Then I talked to the manager for the remodel where I was supposed to be working and he put me on the schedule after I had already left for work.

I really don't want to be working full time. We can make do on half time at the store and the quarter time call.

Well, to say the least, I was not getting any straight answers. I was not getting anything that makes sense. I almost quit right there. Finally, I did get some answers and a schedule that is workable. I finally get some time off and some time with Nick.

But it just seems like work is one kick in the crotch after another. When I come home, I just hate myself. There has got to be some other way to get through life.

1 comment:

Lemuel said...

Sometimes don't you just wish it was you doing the kicking?