Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dilemma

I am a bit stuck.  A journalist wants to interview me for an article on the state of the church and LGBT people.  Now, I would love to tell my story.  I would love to shed some light on the growth that has been made.  But I also would love to point out where things have fallen short.

It is this second point that causes the dilemma.  If I truthfully (or at least the truth as I see it) am I slitting my throat?  They said that I can use a pseudonym, but considering Nic is also going to be in the article, it will be pretty easy to figure out who is speaking.

Yet, when the National Church makes a proclamation, but allows the local bishops to counter this proclamation, what does this say to the world?  Where are the courage of ones convictions?

No comments: