Friday, December 14, 2007

My Brain Hurts!


(If the picture does not appear to be turning, click on it to bring it up in a new window.)
Take a look at the above picture.

Now, before you do anything else, which way is this girl turning? Think about your first reaction, before you read any further.

If she was turning anti-clockwise, your left brain hemisphere is dominant.If she was turning clockwise, your right brain hemisphere is dominant.Both are equally valid.
  • Left Brain
  • Logical
  • Sequential
  • Rational
  • Analytical
  • Objective
  • Looks at parts

  • Right Brain
  • Random
  • Intuitive
  • Holistic
  • Synthesizing
  • Subjective
  • Looks at wholes
I can make the dancer turn counter-clockwise (or anti-clockwise as our Aussi friends would say) but only with much mental work. Interesting.
(Hat tip to VolaciousNet and YarravillePaul.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you mean the title as you wrote it? (Brian vs Brain?)

I know sometimes my Brian hurts, too. LOL!

Ur-spo said...

if your brain hurts, it will have to come out.

Wayne said...

As hard as I try, she keeps turnig clockwise.

Doug Taron said...

I'm skeptical on the interpretation. I, too had to struggle to get the image to appear to turn counterclockwise- and I am relelntlessly, hopelessly left-brained. Still, an interesting exercise.